10 Things I love about myself.
A long while ago, I have attended a Self-Love workshop with WolfSister at She’s Lost Control. It was a beautiful experience. One of the exercises has really stuck with me and I make sure I keep coming back to it regularly - we were given a task to complete a list of 10 things we love about ourselves. I struggled. I believe to have only listed 3 (my breasts for nourishing my daughter, my witchy laughter and my feet). It was an eye opening experience. I thought to myself, I cannot spend my life feeling like this about myself. It is far too heartbreaking and I was certainly not a very good role model for my daughter. Children learn by example, so I am on a mission towards unconditional self-love.
“Perhaps we should love ourselves so fiercely, that when others see us they know exactly how it should be done” - Rudy Francisco
Self-love is a hot topic. People realise that certain societal conditioning is no longer serving them as the times have changed. We have realised that we need to love ourselves, before we can truly love other people. We realised that to grow as a society we need to love ourselves.
Below is my list of what I love about myself. I hope it will inspire you to create your own. I believe it to be an important exercise. One that can help you become more aware of yourself. It will show you where you lack love towards yourself. List everything, no matter how small or silly you think it is.
1. I love my hands. Not only how they look, but how capable and talented they are. They make all my creative ideas a reality. They let me feel most amazing textures. They give me pleasure. And they help me receive pleasure.
2. I love my feet. They are absolutely gorgeous. But they also carry me to places I want to see and explore. They have supported me through life. They have walked me away from danger, abuse and disrespect. They walked me to most spectacular views and adventures.
3. I love my breasts. They have sustained my daughter for over 3.5 years, first with nourishment and protection and then with security and comfort. And they are beautiful and they give me so much pleasure.
4. I love that my body orgasms while I sleep. A lot. I just wake up to an orgasm. It’s amazing, right?
5. I love that I can turn the lemons life serves me into a lemonade. To turn shit into gold. It is my superpower.
6. I love my body and the pleasure it helps me receive. I am not only talking about sexual pleasure, but things like sneezing, goosebumps and feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin.
7. I love that I'm very intuitive. I do not even know how to explain this. Sometimes, I just know things.
8. I love that even though I grew up with an abusive mother and step-mother, I found strength to be a loving, gentle, present parent for my daughter.
9. I love my strength and determination. I mean those things are powerful. If something is important to me, I will get there. I will find a way.
10. I love how creative I am. All the time.
Tell me, what do you love about yourself? No matter how small or silly you might think it sounds. If you struggle, do not worry. It is hard. Just keep thinking about it and adding things to your own list when they pop into your mind.